Strong sunlight should be avoided and the area to be treated cannot be tanned during the course of treatment. This is very important in order to avoid any skin hyper/hypopigmentation, as the skin will be particularly sensitive to UV light. Please do not apply any products onto the skin prior to treatment on the day, unless you have been advised by your therapist.
- There is minimal recovery time for photorejuvenation treatments. Treatment on the face for rosacea and diffused redness can cause clients to experience slight swelling and redness, which can last 1-2 days after treatment before returning to normal. Please do not apply cold compresses to the area to reduce swelling as this can affect the success of the treatment.
- Apply aftercare/healing products as recommended by your therapist. It is important that you follow the recommended routine to ensure best results.
- Scabs or blistering may occasionally form in some treated areas. This does not mean infection and does not mean the area will scar; as long as you do not scratch or pick at the area, the scab should heal within 1-2 weeks.
- Wear clothing and sunscreen (SPF 30+) to protect the treated area(s) from direct sun exposure. Be sure to reapply sunscreen throughout the day. It is imperative to the success of future treatments and skin health to protect the skin from sun exposure whilst undergoing rejuvenation treatments. Please ensure no sun exposure on the treated area for at least 4 weeks before or after a treatment.
- The consumption of hot, spicy foods, alcohol, and toxins can aggravate broken capillaries and rosacea, and can affect the success of facial treatments for this purpose. To help increase the effectiveness of the treatment, we also recommend avoiding washing the face with hot water and the use spas and saunas.